Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday Pastries + Adventures at the Melrose Trading Post

    September is a really beautiful month in California and today was just as lovely as yesterday. I wasn't feeling too well yesterday so aside from going to the gym for an astonishing 17 mins (gotta keep those hips trim! HAHA) I stayed indoors.

    What I wore to the flea market

    EARLY MORNING: Mended the vintage dress I'm wearing in the photos as when I originally got it there was a seam at the waist that needed some stitching up. Pastries and coffee at Paris Baguette followed. Pineapple custard was my choice and hazelnut coffee with plenty of half and half and splenda.

    Then it was off the Melrose Trading Post.

    Oy vey, I went to one booth and this one guy was a royal douche. Here I am merrily browsing his wares. He looks bored to death. It's only about 9 in the morning, much too early to look bored as the flea market is open until 4 PM I believe. He says to me (but not looking at me) "All that stuff on that rack is very expensive because it's designer."

    I smile and say "Okay, thank you" and continue to thumb through dresses and coats. I pick up a black and white chiffon polka dot number which is heavily soiled with stains and has a tear in one of the pleats. I figure I could get these stains out and the tear I could fix. I ask "How much?"

    "$100."

    "Oh wow, really? But it's stained and there's a tear right here."

    "I told you this was a designer rack." (I look at the label at this point, can't recognize the maker)

    WELL SORRY I ASKED! I put back the dress and he mutters something under his breath. And I nearly lost it! I spun back on my heels and said "Are you talking to me or about me?"

    "No, I'm just talking to myself."

    "Well it sounds like you're talking about me."

    "I'm not I'm talking to myself...*mumble mumble* so annoying..."

    "Well, if you have something to say, you can say it to me."

    "It's just annoying because I explain to people it's designer and they always get aggrivated when they are told how expensive it is. I told you it was expensive."

    To which I replied...

    "I think you're the only one getting aggrivated Sir. And I collect vintage and will pay a lot of money for it if it's worth the money being asked. But $100 for that dress is ridiculous."

    Walk away, walk away. I'm fuming at this point. What an asshole!

    All right lovelies, I'm done venting. But honestly, I can't stand when people are just asses to strangers.

    ..let's continue with photos!

    Kissing Deer at Melrose Trading Post

    fleamarket_5

    fleamarket_3

    fleamarket_2

    fleamarket_8

    Lovely little necklaces, I wish I bought some of them

    fleamarket_6

    fleamarket_4

    On a happier note to end... I did get two vintage silk scarves and a vintage wool throw with yellow pom poms for my bed for $10 from the NICEST guy ever! I'll definitely be revisiting his booth. In fact he was going to give me the loot for $7 but I was like "It's ok, $10 will work" because he was just so nice.

    See folks, you catch a lot more flies with honey than you do with vinegar!

Post Title

Sunday Pastries + Adventures at the Melrose Trading Post


Post URL

http://celebrityfashionss.blogspot.com/2011/09/sunday-pastries-adventures-at-melrose.html


Visit Celebrity Fashion Trends for Daily Updated Celebrity Fashion Trends

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive